Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tuckahoe, Thomas Jefferson's boyhood home...

I have been graciously invited to a BBQ at Tuckahoe Plantation, which was Thomas Jefferson's boyhood home. I'm a little nervous because I don't really know the family that lives there. I wonder if it would be considered inappropriate to take pictures there. It is a family's house, but then again, they do rent out the house for special events. Also, it's a national historic landmark.

Today I mostly spent my time at the Museum of the Confederacy. I read through a few of the latest issues of Confederate Veteran, which is the official magazine of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. I must say, the SCV is a significantly more political organization than the United Daughters of the Confederacy. I'm supposed to have an interview with the fiery spokesman for the organization on Monday. I'm a little bit nervous already. Just in our brief phone conversation I could tell that he's certainly not a courtly, genteel type.

5 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Johnny Reb said...

Interesting blog. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Johnny Reb
Euharlee
http://www.scv670.com

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous SCV Member said...

Interesting blog. I'm always interested in anything to do with the civil war, especially in the area of Bartow County, Georgia. I'm an active member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV).

Regards,
SCV member
Stiles-Akin Camp 670

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous SCV Member said...

A good read. I'm looking for info on the civil war and anything related to it.

Regards,

SCV member
Stiles-Akin Camp #670

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Johnny Reb said...

Interesting blog. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Johnny Reb
Confederacy
http://www.scv670.com

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Johnny Reb said...

Interesting blog. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Johnny Reb
Allatoona
http://www.scv670.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home