Thursday, July 13, 2006

Publication Help?

After much hand-wringing and mental wrestling I've decided to upload to the blog a paper I wrote a few months ago. Part of me is worried that somehow my ideas will get stolen; but another part of me desperately wants feedback. Since some of the people viewing my blog these days have had success in the world of scholarly publication, I was hoping to benefit from the experience of my readership. So in uploading this paper, I am at once attesting to my faith in humanity not to plagarize my work, and also selfishly hoping that someone out there can help me get this thing in print.

The paper is on motive (yes, in a self-conscious lower-case) --a radical publication produced by the Methodist church. The paper attempts to tie in the demise of the Christian student movement in the Civil Rights era to the radicalization and ultimate demise of the magazine itself. This isn't Civil War related per se, but it does have to do with Christianity, race, and the Civil Rights movement in the South. To my knowledge (acquired through extensive searches), there have never been any scholarly inquiries into this remarkable publication.

Anyway, now I know how Anne Bradstreet must have felt as she was penning "The Author To Her Book." For some reason, blogger doesn't allow me to upload files (either that or I just can't figure out how --a distinct possibility). You can find my paper at http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~milov/

Thanks!

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Eric Wittenberg said...

Sarah,

Please drop me an e-mail and I will be pleased to discuss all of joys and miseries of publishing with you.

Your paper is an interesting piece of work--very scholarly and terribly academic. I get the sense that you're headed toward being a professor? :-)

Eric

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Mark G. said...

Actually, your work stands a lesser chance of being plagiarized if it is posted online, for a couple of reasons:

First, posting it online is, legally, the same as publishing it, so you're protected by copyright law.

Second, and more importantly, people in the Civil War community will see your work and if anyone tries to steal it, we're more likely to catch on.

Best of luck!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

What is it with girls fighting?

BigMike


gross-videos.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home